Setup: Connection TraderBytes
Ensign Windows is compatible with the TraderBytes data-feed. TraderBytes is a low cost feed for Indexes, Stocks and Futures. The following steps need to be taken to have Ensign Windows work with the TraderBytes data feed:
- Download Ensign Windows from the Ensign web site. Click this link to go to the Downloads page.
- Run Ensign Windows
- Click on menu Setup | Connection
- In the frame for the 3rd Data Source, use the drop down box to select TraderBytes.
- Type in your TraderBytes User ID and Password. These 2 pieces of information were created by you when you subscribed to the TraderBytes data feed. The Ensign Data Server (EDS) should be launched automatically and the data begin to feed into Ensign Windows.
- The TraderBytes feed may be used simultaneously with another vendor's feed, and with the FXCM feed. For example, you could have feeds from TransAct, IQFeed or Interactive Brokers, TraderBytes, and FXCM being processed simultaneously.
- A subscription to TraderBytes is recommended to add real-time Indexes and Stocks for those who have the TransAct Futures feed which only has futures.
Add to the Setup | Manager list those symbols that you want to collect data into the Ensign database for charting. Enter all TraderBytes symbols with a '-' character prefix. Click the button on the main tool bar to open a quote page. Click a market group button on the bottom of the quote page to show the market group page. The TraderBytes symbols will show on the quote page and have a - sign character prefix so the TraderBytes symbols will not be confused with symbols from another data vendor, such as those from TransAct Futures, eSignal, IQFeed, or Interactive Brokers.
Click the following link to learn more about TraderBytes pricing. There is an order form on the TraderBytes web site.
Compatibility with Ninja Trader
Both Ninja Trader and TraderBytes symbols have the minus sign in front of their symbols and it is causes a conflict to have the same symbol updated by both feeds. The solution is to use the exceptions list on the bottom right corner of the TDS screen. Enter the symbols with the minus sign prefix on the list. After adding symbol(s) to that list, click the 'Save' button, close the TDS form and rerun the TDS from Ensign's Setup | Connection form. The symbols on the exceptions list are ignored and not subscribed to in TraderBytes. Thus the Ninja Trader feed will be the sole source for the real-time update of the symbol(s).
Note in the attached picture that Ensign sent over all the symbols as shown on the bottom left. However, the symbols on the 'Symbols to NOT subscribe to' list are ignored and never subscribed to. The list of the symbols being watched is shown on the top right side of the TDS screen. The '-ESU9' symbol, for example, will not be updated by TraderBytes. It is assumed this symbol is being updated by the Ninja Trader feed.
read more » TraderBytes Data Feed
read more » Risk Disclosure
| contact us
Ensign Software, Inc., 113 Stillwater Drive, Idaho Falls, ID 83404 Support: 801-328-1382 Billing: 208-552-2230
(c) 2011 Ensign Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Last modified 8/4/11 3:19 PM